Welcome to Gloriosa. Flowers are our passion!
We take your dreams and transform your wedding day into a memory that lives in your heart forever. We provide wedding and event planning right down to the smallest detail that makes your day seamless and carefree. We not only design with flowers, we transform your venue with linens, lights, and ambience that welcomes your guests and celebrates the most important day of your life. Gloriosa has been featured in StyleMePretty.com and Virginia Wedding Planner magazine. We have traveled throughout Virginia , New York, and Chicago.
I specialize in event planning and floral design in the Roanoke Valley, Blacksburg, Radford, Winchester, Richmond, and Hot Springs, Virginia.
I have spent many years of my life working with event design and in the field of education and have found that a person can have more than one passion in life. My two passions happen to be designing flowers and teaching. It may seem like they are at opposite ends of a continuum. However, over the last 20 years, they seem to be very closely related. Both areas are constantly changing and look to the most creative ideas and methods. Flowers make me come alive. There are moments that I realize the beauty of nature is in my hands and my passion is to share that beauty with everyone who attends the wedding or event.
I have completely designed rooms for corporate events, fundraisers with 500 guests, two day long corporate celebrations, outdoor weddings, anniversary celebrations, to intimate weddings of 35 guests at the amazing Homestead Resort. One of my strongest qualities is my ability to listen to the client’s ideas, color schemes and celebration themes and turn them into a vision that exceeds their expectations. That is always my goal.
I have a wonderful staff that is not only skillful in their work but also extremely talented in executing some amazing designs. I work on every event personally from the beginning stages of planning all the way to setting up the event. My favorite moment is when I am walking away from the event space, and I take one last glance and know that it has that WOW factor that will make everyone who sees it enjoy its beauty.
Mary Jo Thompson
Mary Jo, We can not begin to thank you enough for all the work you put in for our wedding. The flowers cookies, program and bouquets were all wonderful. It is like a vision of heaven came into existence at our wedding. It was exactly what we wanted and will cherish those memories for a lifetime ! You’re work was amazing. We couldn’t have wished for anything more. – Jackie & Billy in Richmond, Va.
A Partial List Of Venues We Work With
- Boxwood Lodge, Vinton, VA
- Charter Hall -Roanoke City Market Building, Roanoke, VA
- George Washington Inn, Winchester, VA
- Holiday Inn, Blacksburg,VA
- Hotel Roanoke, Roanoke, VA
- Homestead Resort, Bath County
- Inn at Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA
- Jefferson Center, Roanoke, VA
- Kyle House – Fincastle,VA
- Main Street Station, Richmond, VA
- Manor House, Mechanicsville, VA
- Maridor , Roanoke, VA
- Metro, Roanoke, VA
- Montpelier Arts Center, Montpelier, VA
- Patrick Henry Ballroom, Roanoke,VA
- Roanoke Country Club, Roanoke,VA
- Roanoke Sheraton Hotel, Roanoke, VA
- Schaals on Campbell, Roanoke, VA
- Shenandoah Club, Roanoke, VA
- Sierra Vista, Bedford, VA
- Sinkland Farms, Riner, VA
- Southwest Virginia Science Museum, Roanoke, VA
- Smithfield Plantation,Blacksburg, VA
- Sundara Wedding Venue, Boones Mill,VA
- Taubman Art Museum, Roanoke,VA
- Vinton War Memorial, Vinton, VA
- VT German Club, Blacksburg, VA
- Ware River Yacht Club, Chesapeake, VA